What to Do In A Fire Emergency
- If an alarm goes off, always assume that it means a real fire.
- First, get everyone out of the building.
- Then, Dial 911 to report a fire emergency from another location (neighbors home).
- Give your exact address and location.
- Do not hang up. Wait for the 911 operator to give you instructions or tell you to disconnect.
- DO NOT re-enter a burning building for any reason.
Make Sure You Have Working Smoke Detectors in Your Home and Your Family Has a Home Fire Escape Plan.
Click here to download the Delmar Fire Department's brochure.